Full reset of your Honda MSX/Grom ECM ( Engine Control Management)
It is required after installing a different head/cilinder, injection, lambda sensor, valves, gaspump, gasfilter.
First of all you have to delete the defaults out of the system ( DTC: Diagnostic trouble code).
Follow this procedure.
– The keyswitch has to be turned off and killswitch has to be ON ( push the red button on the right commode ON).
– Remove the seat to get access to the diagnostic sheet (with a small red cap).
– Place this tool in the Diag form (supplied with Kitaco injection)
– Switch on the ignition “ON”, the red led light on the dashboard will shine.
– Remove the tool and replace it within 5 seconds.
– Erasing is successful if the red led light on the dashboard flashes.
– Turn of the contact and start it up again. The red light must be gone.
After the full reset can be done.
- The keyswitch has to be turned off and killswitch has to be ON ( push the red buttom on the right commode ON).
- Remove the seat to get acces to the diagnostic plug ( with a small red cap)
- Place this tool in the diag form ( supplied with Kitaco injection)
- Put the gas handle on max gas ( and keep it like that) and put the keyswitch ‘ON’.
- After 5 seconds the red led light on the dashboard should start winking, stop giving gas and wait minimum 3 seconds.
- If the red light didn’t light up you have to turn of the keyswitch and restart the whole procedure ( only ECM).
- If the installiation went good the red led will light up only 1 time.
- Remove the tool and put the original plug back in.